Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Next Scarf Project with the Caron Cakes

My first project with the Caron Cakes yarn was the Happy Go Lucky Shawlettes and those created colour changes in diagonal strips. To try something different I decided to follow the free pattern on the Caron Cakes label for the Crochet Kerchief Scarf. This one creates more distinct colour blocks. 

Perhaps it's because I'm new to crocheting scarves, but I had a lot of difficulties following the pattern on the label. Definitely not for beginners! 

The free pattern can also be found on Michaels' website. The Crochet Crowd has a very helpful video demonstration here. The video explains the pattern pretty clearly. Without it I wouldn't have even known how to start the scarf. 

I used the Cherry Chip colour for this scarf. Mostly pinks, very warm tones. 


The first half of the scarf was done easily, however, when it was time to close the triangle-shaped scarf back into a point things weren't working out as nicely. 

I ended up taking apart the second half of the scarf two times when I realized I was running out of yarn. 


Third time's the charm it seems. Probably I was not decreasing the stitches every row. Apparently when you're decreasing, one of the turning chains do not count as a stitch like it did when you were increasing. Confusing… 

Nonetheless I am happy with this scarf. I think I like it better than the one I made before. 


The pattern has a nice texture, plus it doesn't feel bulky. 


I love the tassels at the ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment