Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Crocheting Scarves with Caron Cakes




When I went to Michaels, Caron Cakes yarn were on sale and I ended up getting a bunch of them. I searched for some patterns online and found Fiber Flux's Happy Go Lucky Shawlette. It is a free pattern that uses the Caron Cakes so I decided to try it out first using the Blueberry Cheesecake yarn.



Since I had a bit of extra yarn, I made a tassel and bow for the ends of the scarf. The bow was made using the same pattern from my previous post but much smaller. 


I'm happy with how it turned out. It's also the first scarf I crocheted for myself so there's a nice sense of satisfaction. Apparently my mom and sister liked it a lot too, which meant I had to make two more of the same thing. 


It's quite fun though, seeing the colour changes and how they look in this particular pattern. 


This colour of the Caron Cakes is called Bumbleberry. The one below is called Lemon Lime. I really love the names of these! 




I still have some Caron Cakes left so check back later to see what I'll make out of those! 


No comments:

Post a Comment