Saturday, October 8, 2016

Suede Bracelet Making


While doing the fishtail bracelets (here and here) I got a request for a custom-made bracelet. I thought I would go for a sturdier material so I chose to use leather. I haven't made suede bracelets before and wasn't sure how to braid it. Experiment experiment. I looked at a photo I found on Pinterest for reference and created the bracelet below.


I wore this out a couple of times already. I love it! I especially love the dangling charms. 


This charm says "live your dream." An inspirational saying. 


After trying my hand at this method of bracelet-making, I got started on the order I received. -Something pink and full of sparkly charms- 

I had intended for this bracelet to wrap around the wrist three times, but it seems like braiding the suede strips shortens the original length quite a bit. In the end I had a braid that wrapped around twice. 




That's it for now. I think I'm done with the bracelets for a while. Check back later for something new!



No comments:

Post a Comment