Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My Melody and Kuromi Amigurumi

Hello Kitty Crochet by Mei Li Lee https://amigurumei.com

It's been a while since I got this book, but I finally decided to try out some of the patterns when I got all the materials I needed, specifically the safety noses and eyes. The book uses embroidery for the eyes and noses. I suck at embroidering so… with these I just stick them in and done! There are 24 patterns in this book but in the end I chose to do My Melody and Kuromi. I love the juxtaposition of opposites, and coincidence or not these two were exactly that.

Lee describes in the book that My Melody is good-natured and honest. The description on Kuromi said that she liked to cause trouble. Together they were like the angel versus devil. So adorable!



Here is what the works in progress looked like. Overall I found the patterns in the book pretty easy to follow. It was just My Melody's flower that took me a couple of redoes before it looked acceptable. There weren't any guidelines on where to attach each piece as well so I had to figure it out myself.

After attaching the pieces together, I took it a step further and added on some rhinestones. These two are now the introductory pieces to Wonder Wishes' Glamour series!



Extra fancy + extra sparkly Kuromi and My Melody amigurumi made by Wonder Wishes~



    



No comments:

Post a Comment